Virtual reality fire extinguishing training kit
Viking Security is the first in Estonia to offer the FLAIM virtual reality fire extinguishing training kit.
What exactly is the virtual fire extinguishing training kit?
The FLAIM kit consists of a virtual reality headset and a special extinguisher equipped with sensors for use in the simulation environment. The simulation will start when the VR headset and fire extinguisher are switched on. The headset view can also be displayed on a screen (projector, TV etc) to allow the instructor and the rest of the group to see what is displayed inside the headset.
Who is it for?
The easy-to-use kit is designed for anyone who wants to train the staff of their company or institution to use a fire extinguisher. In contrast to the standard practice of extinguishing a gas flame with a regular fire extinguisher, the training participants can be put in a wide variety of situations (approximately 80 different scenarios).
How does it work?
The user must select the right type of extinguisher based on the nature of the fire and use the correct techniques to handle the extinguisher. Accordingly, the fire either succeeds or fails to be extinguished. At the end of the exercise, the simulation also provides feedback on whether the right type of extinguisher was used, how much extinguishant was needed to put the fire out, and how long it took to extinguish the fire.
What are the advantages?
- Participants will be able to act out real-life scenarios that may occur in the workplace or at home (a stack of pallets on fire, a computer fire, a bin fire, a pan burning on the stove, a vehicle fire etc).
- Using a fire extinguisher not only entails pulling the trigger, but also choosing the right extinguisher and extinguishing methods, and using the extinguisher correctly to put out the fire.
- The fire extinguisher exercise can be carried out indoors, so clients are not affected by outdoor conditions.
- The exercise can be done in a meeting room. Only 2 × 2 metres of free space is needed.
- Since we use environmentally friendly technology, we don’t actually need to use extinguishing agents (powder, foam, CO2) and therefore we don’t pollute the environment.
Click here for a video introducing the new innovative service!